Who hasn’t heard a celebrity baby name and said: “What were they thinking?” Hollywood headliners have a knack for choosing wild names. We all remember Gwyneth Paltrow’s Apple, Penn Jillette’s Moxie Crimefighter, and Jason Lee’s Pilot Inspektor (arguably the craziest of the crazy names).
And maybe that’s the point. A truly unique name says "my baby is one-of-a kind" like nothing else can.
“Celebrities live in an alternate universe from the rest of us. They’re creative and enjoy the attention the spotlight brings. By choosing unusual names, they’re saying something about themselves and what they want for their children,” says Linda Murray, editor in chief of BabyCenter.
So who were the winners and losers in this year’s celebrity baby-naming competition? BabyCenter asked 2,000 moms to vote on the best and worst celebrity names of the year and the results are in.
Chef Jamie Oliver takes the prize for wackiest name of the year with Buddy Bear Maurice, while actor Mark Wahlberg wins the popularity contest with the classic Grace Margaret.
Craziest Celebrity Baby Names of 2010
1. Buddy Bear Maurice (Jamie Oliver & Juliette Norton)
2. Egypt Daoud (Alicia Keys & Kaseem Dean, aka Swizz Beatz)
3. Cosima Violet (Claudia Schiffer & Matthew Vaughn)
4. Axel (Will Ferrell & Viveca Paulin)
5. Krishna Thea (Padma Lakshmi)
See all the craziest celebrity baby names of 2010 >
Favorite Celebrity Baby Names of 2010
1. Grace Margaret (Mark Wahlberg & Rhea Durham)
2. Harper Grace (Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka)
3. Aviana Olea (Amy Adams & Darren Legallo)
4. Olivia Marie (Lance Armstrong & Anna Hansen)
5. Bryn (Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy)
See all the favorite celebrity baby names of 2010 >
To hear Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, Mario Lopez, Matt Damon, and other stars reveal what inspired their children’s names, watch BabyCenter's Celebrities Talk Baby Names video.
Related: tina fey, moms and the city, matt damon, mario lopez, celebrity baby names, celeb parents, brad pitt, babycenter, baby names 2010, baby names